removing autorun from a flash drive

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 9 20:15:49 UTC 2009

Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 03:36:02PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> If I need a different drive, how, if at all,
>> do I recognize one without an autorun.inf?
>
> <shrug> Don't buy one with the U3 label.  It's not like the thing wasn't
> plainly marked.

I purchased a drive that had U3 and it was not marked on the packaging.
  I wouldn't have purchased the drive if I knew about it.

I had to find a Windows user so I could remove it.  One person was upset
because he had to remove hardware devices to get the software to work on
his computer.

--
Robin Laing