netinstall can't configure the network card (but Centos can)

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 10 08:49:51 UTC 2009

I'm setting up a brand new computer and installed Centos 5.2 on it using the
netinstall disk without any issue.

I then changed my mind and attempted to install Fedora 10 on it instead, using
that netinstall disk.

To my surprise, F10 can't configure the onboard network card.  It sees the card
and gives me an opportunity to configure it.  If I enter a static address
setting, it says "configuration error" and won't continue.  If I tell it to use
DHCP it tells me that it can't find the repository.

So why would the Centos 5.2 netinstall disk have no problem finding,
configuring and using that network card but F10 can't handle it.  If anything I
would have thought it would be the other way around.  Is the F10 netinstall
disk somehow more "stripped" than the Centos disk?