fedora on asus M70VN-X1?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 10 09:38:18 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> Not always an option.  When I bought my laptop, the only local choices
> (amongst several computer shops), were NVidia (with supported and
> unlisted chipsets), ATI (with chipsets known to be problems at the time,
> or no details), and Intel (with supported chipsets on appallingly low
> spec laptops, and unsupported chipsets on the laptops worth buying).

I'd rather buy an "appallingly low spec laptop" than something requiring
proprietary drivers. And changes are the "unsupported chipsets" from Intel
would actually have worked just fine with current Fedora, the documentation
you based your decision on was just out of date. The only chipset which is
really unsupported is the GMA500 "Poulsbo".

        Kevin Kofler