Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:37:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 09:15 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I'm wondering if Evolution might be throwing out emails that it
> shouldn't be.
>
> I use Evolution in F10 to manage my emails.
>
> I have a number of different email accounts for various purposes.  I
> have filters set up to sort my incoming emails into about 20 different
> folders, based on the sender.  If an email doesn't match any of the
> filters, it ends up in my general inbox.
>
> I haven't received any 3rd party email in my inbox since Thursday at
> noon.  This is highly unusual.
>
> I sent myself a test email yesterday from one of my accounts and
> it correctly ended up in my inbox.   But no other emails have ended up
> there and I suspect that some should be.   I just got a phone call from
> a guy that claims he sent me 4 emails and they aren't in my inbox, nor
> the junk or trash folders.
>
> Furthermore, when I do a Send/Receive in Evolution, it states it is
> getting emails for an account that is never filtered and yet none of
> those emails are showing up in my inbox folder.
>
> How would I verify that Evolution isn't throwing away some of my
> emails ?

I was half asleep when I wrote this.  The account in question is a gmail
account.  I logged into gmail directly and checked and there are over a
dozen emails sitting in the account that haven't shown up in Evolution.
I don't have delete once downloaded selected in Evolution, so the emails
stay in the gmail account even after they are downloaded.

So either Evolution isn't downloading the emails from that account or it
is throwing them away.     How do I troubleshoot this ?

Thanks