removing autorun from a flash drive

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 10 19:38:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:34 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 14:15 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> >> I purchased a drive that had U3 and it was not marked on the packaging.
> >>   I wouldn't have purchased the drive if I knew about it.
> >>
> >> I had to find a Windows user so I could remove it.  One person was upset
> >> because he had to remove hardware devices to get the software to work on
> >> his computer
>
> > I just deleted he U3 stuff using F9. Although I will admit I thought I
> > deleted it months ago.
>
> How did you do that?
> On my F9, it seems to show up as a CD,
> but mount -l doesn't admit its existence.

Well I may be misleading you. I had to do some removal of software when
I originally bought the device. It would not load on Fedora so I removed
some software under XP. Then it would appear in Fedora but still had
some U3 stiff remaining. That is what I removed on my Fedora machine.
Sorry I forgot what I had done originally.

New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people
around whom you shouldn't make a sudden move. -- David Letterman
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net