F10 not connected at start up -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 11 18:34:50 UTC 2009

I have an F-10 box that does not connect at boot.  I believe network
manager is completely disabled.  It starts in text mode, I enter startx.

Fortunately I usually only boot it once a day at the most but it is a
bother.  I start it as 'bobg' and it wants a password [more than a dozen
characters], Then since it's not connected 'firestarter' isn't running
and it too wants a password, but since it's not connected 'firestarter'
wont start until I bring up system-config-network to activate the
connection, but first it wants a password, once that is down I can go to
the firestarter menu and start it.

This is beginning to bother me and I know it must be something I have
misconfigured but haven't found it yet.  It just asked for some security
updates and I told it ok, enter the password again.  That's four times
in a few minutes and I haven't asked the computer to do any work yet!

Any suggestions?

Bob