xorg.config thinks I have 14 screens ?? - I need help

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Mar 14 19:29:41 UTC 2009

Hi;

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 19:03 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I am doing a new Fedora 10 install for someone else.  It is on a machine
> on which I used to run F10 but a different older monitor.
>
> I am getting 800x600 resolution with a Dell Trinitron 19" monitor.

I can't read the model number of the monitor but it has a sticker dated
1998.  Even though it is an older monitor it should be able to give
better resolution than I am now getting.  On the that machine with the
Geforce 6150 an even older Compaq monitor used to work.

>   My old ex-machine used to run fine with an 'nv' driver and I could get
> 1280x1024 resolution.

The video card is a built-in GeForce 6150 GT with BusID "PCI:0:5:0".

> When I run Xorg -configure :1 as root I get the following error:
>
> (++) using config file: /root/xorg.conf.new
> Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices
>
> When I look at the xorg.conf.new it shows about 14 screens included.

Typo in subject. Should be Re: xorg.config thinks I have 14 screens ??

I would really appreciate some help or advice on this problem.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3