Is kpager available for KDE 4.2 under F10?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Mon Mar 16 07:08:31 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dean S. Messing wrote:
> > 1) How do I easily revert (rollback) to the current packages if these
> >      updates break my system?  Is there an easy way short of hand
> >      de-installing each package and re-installing the current ones?
>
> The easiest way I know of is to rpm -Uvh --oldpackage the list of 33
> packages (with full file names or URLs for each).
>
> > 2a) Which packages do I need to install to test the fix of "pager"?
>
> kdebase-workspace, but it'll also need at least newer kdelibs and
> kdebase-runtime, probably more newer stuff.
>
> > 2b) Will a subset of the updates-testing packages be compatible with
> >      my current up-to-date installation?
>
> Yes, the problem is always to know what the subset is. ;-) And by the way,
> kde* may not be it. You have been warned.
>
> We're going to push 4.2.1 out to stable shortly, it may be worth waiting if
> you're nervous about trying out updates-testing.

Thanks, Kevin, for these helpful answers.  One clarification please:
When you say

> The easiest way I know of is to rpm -Uvh --oldpackage the list of 33
> packages (with full file names or URLs for each).

does "full file names" mean the "full name of the rpm" including the
version numbers as found in "updates-testing", or does it mean the
"full rpm name of the de-installed packages from "updates" or
something else.

(I may take your advice about waiting. Then again, there's nothing
liking trying something new in order to learn.  I hope I don't learn
that I should have taken your advice. :-)

Den