Suggestion - replace gdm with kdm as the default

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Mar 16 18:57:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 04:35:02PM -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
>   gdm has become, frankly, really awful.

In what way?  It doesn't have some infinite number of knobs for you to
twist?

>   Can we just make kdm the default - it is so much simpler to configure
> and it behaves the way any rational administrator expects.

Really.  Describe this "rational" behavior, please.  What "configuration"
does the login manager need?

>   Is there any reason not to do this ?

Is there any reason TO do this?  Other than that you don't like GDM?

--
 Marc Wilson |     What causes the mysterious death of everyone?
 msw at cox.net |