Church sound

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Mar 18 17:45:44 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:

> But, despite your best efforts, you could be hamstrung by having a
> rotten sound card in your computer.  Many of them have awful input
> stages.  These days, mobile DJs that use computers instead of discs,
> will often use an off-board USB sound card to avoid some of the noise
> issues they get from internal sound cards.

That sounds like a particularly good thought, since it puts the card outside the
computer and away from the noise. A decent shielded USB cable could mode the
audio out a foot and get even more isolation if needed. I run a WiFi modem on
such a cable (cat steps on the modem otherwise) on the laptop I use in the library.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>