font weight (freetype)

David Hláčik david at hlacik.eu
Thu Mar 19 13:53:14 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

this is probably question to be addresed to developers of freetype .
But i will give a try.
I found hinted fonts in linux generally to thin . I would like to make
them little bolder , at least as on M$ Windows. Currently they are to
thin and my eyes hurt from that. ( I am using my own
freetype,cairo,libxft packages with subpixel and bytecode interpreter,
as well as LCD patches).

To my question. I found slight hinting to be too bold and medium
hinting to be too thin. I need something between, can someone point me
how can i implement it? Show me where the code for this hinting think
is ?

Thanks in advance!

D.