Fedora 8 system won't upgrade to Fedora 10

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Fri Mar 20 22:00:50 UTC 2009

> Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:21:39 +1100
>> Langdon Stevenson wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone suggest how to troubleshoot this issue?
>>
>> Have you considered using preupgrade instead of trying to upgrade from
>> a disk?
>
> Thanks for the reply Frank.  I tried preupgrade on another F8 system
> recently and had issues.  That was resolved by an upgrade using a DVD.
>
> I wanted to avoid that issue with this server if possible.  Anyway, I
> will give preupgrade another try and see where that takes me.

All worked fine until the installer ran after reboot.  It hit a problem
with mounting /boot (md0).  The boot partition couldn't be mounted, so
the installer quit.

It didn't provide any detailed information, so I am stumped once again.
  At least on reboot the server comes back and boots the existing
installation which is good.

Langdon