F-9 rescue disk?

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Sun Mar 22 21:49:32 UTC 2009

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Yes, I've been typing a lot of things on the keyboard but obviously not
> the right things.
>
> The computer shows that /dev/sda and sdb are there but I can't mount
> them because it doesn't see my original /etc/fstab apparently?  Well
> even then I don't know how to address those drives because of the LVM?

Bob, you might try this:

1. Boot from a Live Spin

2. Use the Logical Volume instructions here:

    to mount the root and boot partitions then to re-install grub

3. Reboot server and all is well

I posted this recently when I had an upgrade issue on an F8 machine.  My
problem was that rescue disk boot does not give you the tools to mount
an LVM if "chroot" doesn't work.  Booting a Live Spin gives you
everything you need to mount up, fix the problem, then you can reboot.

Just follow the link and you will (should) find everything you need.

Langdon