system-config-printer can't find my remote printer ??

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 11:29:30 UTC 2009

William Case wrote:
> Yes it is on by default.  Double checked before replying and it is on.
> system-config-printer probes for any existing printers first then
> provides an installation page with several options.  One option is HPLIP
> which I tried.  It says it can't find a printer.  (Actually I tried all
> the options -- none seemed to work).

You shouldn't need to use system-config-printer on the upstairs machine;
a minute or so after the firewall has been adjusted the queue should
just appear in printing dialogs.

See my other mail in this thread.  Sounds like you need to use the
printing troubleshooter: Help->Troubleshoot from the
system-config-printer menu.

Tim.
*/