Perl on FC 10

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:54:24 UTC 2009

2009/3/24 (David) Ming Xia <david.ming.xia at ibol.biz>:
> Hi, everyone.
>
>   I got a problem with Perl when I was trying to install Yahoo Zimbra.  The
> errror message is:  '/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
> /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined
> symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr'.
>
>  I am using FC 10.

I am guessing, but it looks like your Yahoo Zimbra came with its own
Perl interpreter.  It's probably installed in /opt/zimbra/bin/perl[*],
again guessing from the error message you quote.

The message is coming from the Perl interpreter installed in
/usr/bin/perl (Fedora's Perl), but it references a core Perl module
(IO.pm) that is installed in the /opt/zimbra hierarchy.  I'm not sure
how that is happening, but it could be use statements in the executed
script or PERL5LIB environment variable, or ...

I guess the fix is to execute the Perl interpreter shipped with Yahoo
Zimbra instead of the Fedora Perl interpreter.

Try typing the command

    /opt/zimbra/bin/perl name-of-script-causing-error

If Yahoo Zimbra does not ship its own Perl, then you will have to
build it yourself from source.  Check CPAN or http://www.perl.org/ to
get the source.

Good luck.

[*] Find the real path by doing "find /opt/zimbra -name perl"

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579