F10 VS vlc

Dennis Kaptain dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Mar 25 13:49:14 UTC 2009

> Asunto: F10 VS vlc

> Hi!
>
> I just noticed last night that vlc no longer displays its GUI. It still
> plays audio (haven't tried video yet), but I get no control panel from
> it anymore. I have to kill it (kill -9) to stop it, and there are no
> controls.
>
> As recently as this past weekend it was working fine.
>
> Did perhaps an update install a broken one? Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> --

Fred,
Please do me a favor. Install keepassx and see if it starts. I have vlc and have the same problem. I'm wondering if my keepassx problem is the same problem that vlc is having ie. no GUI displays.

I found the sourceforge site where I need to file a bug report but I'm thinking this really isn't a keepassx (or vlc) bug at all but something else so I hesitate.

Thanks
Dennis K