weather report applet dead again?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Mar 25 14:39:19 UTC 2009

Robert Nichols wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:00:27 +0000
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm - maybe we're not talking about the same thing at all.
>>
>> Correct.  We're not.  There appear to be at least three "weather"
>> doodads in
>> common use. gweather and the Gnome clock applet are the ones that I
>> see/use.
>> That's two.
>>
>>> The only weather applet I have is the LCD weather plasma widget.  30
>>> minutes is the minimum time I can set the update.
>>
>> Since you say "plasma" I assume you mean that's a kde thing.  That's
>> three.
>
> Looks like 3 applets all with variants of the same problem.  I filed the
> bugzilla against the gweather-applet part of the gnome-applets package.
> That's what I'm using, and it seems to be the only one that matches the
> "--" display reported at the start of this thread.

I use the gnome- version with radar, and while it does catch up at the update
interval, clicking the UPDATE button worked for me, to catch up if I care before
it solves the problem for me.

There is an issue that checking "start at boot" on NM wireless connections
doesn't seem to work, at least not on any system I've ever owned. That's why the
applet can't find a network.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>