FC10 - gedit strange behaviour

David dgboles at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 20:52:10 UTC 2009

> David wrote:

>>> gnome.

>>> Did not mention this. I have never run KDE so I kind of ASSuMEd that a
>>> KDE user would be dealing with kedit, not gedit...

>> Depends Robert. I know Gnome users that like K3b for example. Why I am
>> not
>> sure but they do. I, myself, used Gedit when I first started with
>> Linux and
>> that was KDE 2.x.

> And I do run k3b on my gnome'd laptop.

>> This was a fresh, formatted install or an update? This sounds like an old
>> setting put into an updated install.
> absolutely fresh.

> 3 such installs so far, and all have exhibited this behaviour.

Man I wish I could offer more than 'try this'. I do not like 'try this'
advice. Never have. But I did not/do not have this situation. I've never
seen this. Nor Have I heard anyone else mention anything such as this.

A test. Well okay - a 'try this' suggestion.  :-) Don't install K3b on the
next machine. Nothing KDE. And see if this 'follow the desktop' thing still
happens. The KDE stuff can be added later.

I suggest this test because I don't have anything KDE installed and, as I
said, I did not/did not see this. Just a thought. Might be a bug or an
interaction.

Good luck.
--

  David