Help to sort a multimedia system??? (still)

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 21:56:19 UTC 2009

> Message: 15
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:01:56 -0500
> From: Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
> Subject: Re: Help to sort a multimedia system???  (still)
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> DB wrote:
>

>> > As I put in the first mail
>> > "I tried to yumex the xine -lib-extras-freeworld & keep getting
>> > Missing Dependency: xine-lib(plugin-abi) = 1.24 is needed by package
>> > xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.15-4.fc10.i386 (rpmfusion-free)",
>> > which I've not yet been able to get past. From what I've read in replies
>> > on other topics, I guess I've somehow got to convince yumex that
>> > plugin-abi is present (or make sure that it really isn't, and let
>> > extras-freeworld pull it in as a dependency...... errr how??
>>

> shrug, your rpmfusion mirror is out of date?  1.1.16.2 is there, really,
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/10/i386/xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.16.2-1.fc10.i386.rpm
>
> -- Rex

Thanks again!

By going to your link, I've installed the extras-freeworld & can now watch DVDs -- Hoo-Ray!!

(Is there a way to "poke" an out-of-date mirror?  I'd been getting the "plugin-abi message for at least 3 weeks...)

OK  now to try & a) beat Skype into submission & b) sort out the connections between PA & the other multimedia apps.

Thanks, Rex

Dave