Can't Reset Gnome-Keyring Password

m maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:14:41 UTC 2009

rgheck wrote:

> For some time now, my daughter's been having a problem with her WPA key:
> NM asks for it every time she logs on. I seem to have figured out why,
> more or less. Let me say that she's using LXDE under F10 on an Eee 901.
>
> When trying to debug something else, I reset her password to what it
> originally was when I set up her account, and suddenly everything
> worked. I changed it to something else, and it didn't work; changed it
> back, and then it did again. So I ran Settings>Passwords, etc, or
> whatever it is, and there was a button that said something like "Reset
> keyring password". Unfortunately, clicking that button just got me an
> error message, something like "Unable to reset keyring password". Very
> helpful.
>
> Any ideas?
> rh

It seems unlikely but I'll mention it anyway. Some programs( and
entirely too many websites) choke on very complex passwords. I wonder if
the old password was very simple and the newer one very complex?

The other (more likely) thing is that the gnome-keyring-manager package
doesn't seem to be installed by default so you might check too make sure
its installed. Try using that to reset your password.

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball