alt-f2

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 28 01:45:27 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Oops - sorry, that was Mandriva.  kdesu konqueror does run on the F10
> netbook. It didn't in early kde4, I'm sure, so this is definitely a step
> in the right direction :-)

/usr/bin/kdesu used to be from KDE 3. That one doesn't work with KDE 4
applications. So we're symlinking /usr/libexec/kde4/kdesu to /usr/bin/kdesu
now so we get a working one (and it also works with KDE 3 applications).

Mandriva is probably still shipping a KDE 3 /usr/bin/kdesu. Try running the
kdesu from the KDE 4 libexecdir. The exact location may vary, common
locations are /usr/libexec/kde4/kdesu, /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu,
/usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/kdesu or the same with some other prefix instead
of /usr.

        Kevin Kofler