weather report applet dead again?

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 14:16:11 UTC 2009

jamesh0317 wrote:
> I am having the same problem as you Bob. I am using the same version of the gweather-applet.
>
> A simple, if inelegant, workaround until the problem is fixed by the developers/maintainers is to execute "killall gnome-panel" in a terminal after the wireless network connection is made.
>
> I also have the same problem with the clock weather applet. I check the box in preferences to "show weather" and "show temperature" but it never shows.

I renamed /usr/libexec/gweather-applet-2 to gweather-applet-2.x and
installed this little script as gweather-applet-2:

     #!/bin/bash
     delay=10
     until /sbin/route -n | grep -q '^0\.0\.0\.0'; do
         sleep $delay
         [ $delay -lt 60 ] && delay=$(($delay+10))
     done
     exec /usr/libexec/gweather-applet-2.x "$@"

The next update of gnome-applets will overwrite my script with what is
hopefully a fixed executable again.

                 Do NOT delete it.