fedora-list Digest, Vol 61, Issue 201

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Sun Mar 29 17:02:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:25:53PM -0400, Irikefe Osah wrote:
> PGP Encryption:
>     Do you all agree that we should start encrypting this digest using
> fedora-list at redhat.com as the public key and we all submit our keys to the
> respective maintainers of this list? What do you all think?

Encryption, no.  I don't see the need.  Signing?  Again, not so necessary
--I can't see that we care where a posting came from, or who sent it.
And even if we did--just what's going to happen?  Anyone can sign up;
anyone can be removed at the list server.

I encourage people to sign and, as appropriate, encrypt sensitive
E-Mail.  I don't see the upside for a non-sensitive mailing list.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.