Help to sort a multimedia system??? (still)

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 09:31:42 UTC 2009

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 05:45:26 +0200
> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: Help to sort a multimedia system???  (still)
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> DB wrote:
>
>> > $ rpm -qa phonon\*
>> > phonon-devel-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
>> > phonon-backend-xine-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
>> > phonon-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
>> > phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
>>

> Try rpm -e phonon-backend-gstreamer to see if that helps. It should be
> picking up xine by default already, but it's best to be sure.
> Unfortunately, Phonon's GStreamer backend is not as reliable as the
> xine-lib one.

Hi Kevin, did that, restarted, switched off overnight & restarted this
morning. Still getting the Phonon startup message that "SIS SI7012 with
CMI9738 doesn't work. Reverting to Pulse"
Rechecked Phonon as below:
[Dave at Fedora-Blue ~]$ rpm -qa phonon\*
phonon-devel-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
phonon-backend-xine-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
phonon-4.3.1-2.fc10.i386
[
 I don't think it's causing any harm......., but, with so many
"competing" processes, one wonders if it really means anything....

Thanks again

Dave