kde-4.2

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Mar 1 11:02:57 UTC 2009

On Sunday 01 March 2009 07:25:34 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009, Craig White wrote:
> >On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 00:17 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Greetings;
> >>
> >> I discovered about 2 hours ago that the updates repo in yum.repos.d was
> >> not enabled by the f10 upgrade, so I have been trying to pull in some of
> >> the updates, but because of clashes I had to remove of some 4.1.2 stuff.
> >>
> >> And I have now lost the kde menu at the left end of the taskbar.  If and
> >> when I get it all updated, will that come back on an x restart?  Or has
> >> some new thingy replaced it?
> >
> >----
> >you can always add it back it...it's a widget
> >----
> >
> >> FWIW, Akonadi refuses to start, and when attempting to read the rest of
> >> the error list it shrinks to about half height for each click on the
> >> scroll bar until it all goes away, so I still don't have a good idea as
> >> to what its missing.
> >
> >----
> >probably need to get the rest of the updates installed
> >
> >Craig
>
> They are pretty well by now Craig, maybe a dozen packages I don't have a
> use for.  I got the kmenu thing back, but how can I move it to the left end
> of the bar where it belongs, I don't seem to have found that bit of magic
> poo yet.

This is part of the Panel Config.  You can get that either from the Panel
Settings menu (right-click on empty taskbar) or by hitting the small cashew at
the extreme right of the panel.  When that panel is open, hovering over the
icon will change the cursor to a diamond, at which point you can drag the icon
to any position you want.  You probably will want to do this with any new
launch icons you add, to get them into the order you prefer.  Before you
leave, check out the More Settings, just so that you know what the choices
are.  Leave by hitting the red X.

Anne