[Fwd: Re: FC10 Gnome desktop icons gone]

David dgboles at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 16:53:27 UTC 2009

Gary Waters wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> There's another way to classify mailing-lists: those that are OK with
>> HTML messages, and those that aren't. This one isn't (see
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines) so
>> please take note.

>> poc

> Ok, I just noticed this part. Had it been less "cryptic" and had began
> with something more attention-grabbing like "please do not post in
> HTML..." I would have corrected sooner. The world is full of people who
> make mistakes ( without realizing it ), and just as replete with those
> who act like they never do. I will humbly claim  to be the former.

> It would seem thunderbird enables both "send as HTML" and "start my
> reply above quote" as default. Both have now been modified accordingly.
> I'm still not fully acquainted with the nuances of the program yet. I
> apologize for any annoyances.

Relax Gary. Everyone has to start sometime. You just happened to start
after a long, drawn out, flame thread on these subjects.  ;-)

It is the way Thunderbird accounts are setup as default. Could happen to
anyone.

Another thing is to remove the Reply-To-Address *if* you don't want to
receive a reply from someone that replies to your post *and* see their
post on the list too. This one, for example, will go to the list *and*
to you for that reason.

Have a good day.

--

  David