[Fwd: Re: FC10 Gnome desktop icons gone]

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Mar 1 17:08:03 UTC 2009

Gary Waters wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
>> There's another way to classify mailing-lists: those that are OK with
>> HTML messages, and those that aren't. This one isn't (see
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines) so
>> please take note.
>>
>> poc
>>

> Ok, I just noticed this part. Had it been less "cryptic" and had began
> with something more attention-grabbing like "please do not post in
> HTML..." I would have corrected sooner. The world is full of people who
> make mistakes ( without realizing it ), and just as replete with those
> who act like they never do. I will humbly claim  to be the former.

If someone does not point out when you are making a mistake "without
realizing it", how will you ever know you are making a mistake?

> It would seem thunderbird enables both "send as HTML" and "start my
> reply above quote" as default. Both have now been modified accordingly.
> I'm still not fully acquainted with the nuances of the program yet. I
> apologize for any annoyances.

One other setting that may help you, but is kind of hidden away, is
the option to set the type of email sent to specific domains.

Edit --> Preferences --> Composition --> General --> Send Options

Mikkel