kde-4.2

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 19:19:52 UTC 2009

On Sunday 01 March 2009 18:40:53 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009 18:01:14 Jim wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Sorry, I can't answer that.  I have 4.2 on three different systems
> > > (hardware and software versions) and don't have that problem.  I can't
> > > even guess the cause.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > I'm using 4.2 also.
>
> I'm just wondering if something left over from the updates is causing this.
> Try renaming these two files
> ~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc
> ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
>
> and re-start KDE.  You will lose any configuration you've done, but it will
> be a clean start, and hopefully will then hold the settings you make.

The best way to do this is kill plasma  first, from Konsole
kquitapp plasma &
then move/rename the plasma*rc files Anne mentioned, then restart plasma,
plasma &

This will then start with *new/default* plasma*rc files, just moving them and
logging out will just recreate the old ones again on login. There is no need
to log out with the above procedure.

Colin
--
Fedora 10 (Cambridge)