Akonadi on f10 (again)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Mar 1 20:47:27 UTC 2009

Greetings;

Akonadi won't run here & the messages are confusing.  From the kde help web
page: akonadictl start
should run it, but I get a very long report, the first stanza of which is
naming mysqld:

Starting Akonadi Server...
   done.
[root at coyote firefox]# [akonadiserver] Database process existed unexpectedly during intial connection!
[akonadiserver] executable: "/usr/libexec/mysqld"
[akonadiserver] arguments: ("--defaults-file=/root/.local/share/akonadi//mysql.conf", "--
datadir=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/root/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket")
[akonadiserver] stdout: ""
[akonadiserver] stderr: "090301 15:32:16 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615
adjusted to 4294967295
[akonadiserver] 090301 15:32:16 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to
4294967295
[akonadiserver] 090301 15:32:16 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how
to run mysqld as root!
[akonadiserver]
[akonadiserver] 090301 15:32:16 [ERROR] Aborting
[akonadiserver]
[akonadiserver] 090301 15:32:16 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

But. mysqld is running, quite a few copies of it in fact, and all are running
as the user mysql.
Now, I already had mysql installed on the F8 install, and setup then for
mythtv's use.  Is there some special mysql configuration that didn't get
done that would allow Akonadi to use it?

However, I just tried to run mythbackend for the first time and its fussing
about:
mythbackend: error while loading shared libraries: libraw1394.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

But libraw1394 is now .so.11

So obviously there is something I need to investigate there.
Thanks.

Ideas anybody?

Thanks

--