rythmbox not seeing cdrom

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:44:22 UTC 2009

I have had recurring cdrom problems on F9 and F10.   On F10 I have problems
with sound-juicer while ripping CDs.  I will successfully rip a bunch of cds
using sound-juicer and then I'll put a new cd in to rip and it wont see the
cd.  If I pop the cd out and back in again quite often my system will lock
up and I have to reboot.

On my F9 system I wrote a dvd using wodim. After wodim ejected the dvd I
popped it back in to verify it and the cdrom icon did not show up on the
desktop.  When I moved the dvd to another system the icon showed up just
fine and the system mounted the dvd.

Paolo