[Fwd: Re: FC10 Gnome desktop icons gone]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 2 15:14:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 08:51 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Since my mail is among those causing the problem let me comment. When
> configuring your account in evolution for example one can make the
> mistake of adding your own Reply-To header. Mine was configured
> wrongly in that way for a good while. It is not now. I have checked
> and no second Reply-To appears in the headers. So what you describe
> happening is still mysterious.

But you've replied to one of his messages with his address in the
reply-to field, and your reply (then) had his address in the to field.

See your message, thus:
      From:  Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
        To:  ganana at videotron.ca, Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list at redhat.com>
   Subject:  Re: FC10 Gnome desktop icons gone
      Date:  Sun, 01 Mar 2009 08:25:40 -0600 (Mon, 00:55 CST)

All in all, this is an odd thing.  And even odder that his client
behaved oddly, when replying, when there's multiple to addresses.

I suspect he's inappropriately (in this case) using a "reply to all"
feature, rather than just replying to a message.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.