selinux-policy-3.5.13-46.fc10.noarch - slight hiccup!

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:49:09 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> This is very strange, I have no idea why SELinux update would do this,
> and suspect that something else might have gone wrong.  Were there other
> packages in the update?
>
> I will update my F10 and see what is going on.
>
> Could be someone is doing a chcon -t usr_t in a post install script?
>
> selinux-policy should only be doing the equivalent of a restorecon -vR
> in its post install.  Actually executes fixfiles
> "fixfiles -C ${FILE_CONTEXT}.pre restore"
>
> Which figures out what was different between the old file context and
> the new and runs restorecon on them.

Dan, I had a problem this morning on another machine where there is a bind
mounted /var/spool/mail directory (restorecon -vR /var/spool/mail seems to
have fixed it). In all the cases where the user contexts had a problem were
machines with bind mounted /home areas.  I wonder if this could be the
common factor?