resetting user

Jerry Ro jerrro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:45:59 UTC 2009

I managed to log-in by erasing all the .gconf directory (I saw someone
mentioning it here) in the home directory of the user. However, now the
taskbar and all the status bars in applications appear not in English, but
in another language... I could not find a place to change the language of
the taskbar/apps menus/etc.  I installed system-config-language, but that
did not help, even after I set up the default language. any ideas where I
change the taskbar/etc. language back to English?
Thanks