FC10, Virtualization , Windows XP

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 00:54:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:09:04 -0500
> Jim wrote:
>
>> FC 10/KDE
>> what is the best Virtualization program for FC10, to run Windows XP in.
>> I understand because my AMD Athlon doesn't have a "svm" feature I can't
>> run KVM, and VM Ware is slow ?
>
> Anything you use will be slow without the hardware virtualization
> support - they all have the same problem.

But they aren't all as slow as vmware, nor is hardware virtualization
required for a faster solution, for example Xen does very well without
needing hardware support. However, due to the current development stage,
xen isn't a practical solution for Fedora 10 (upstream development is
usable is some circumstances but yet suitable for a wider audience), but
might be ready during the lifetime of Fedora 11, or for Fedora 12.

 	Michael Young