Not Remembering Root Password

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 02:04:51 UTC 2009

1. This has been a KDE problem for at least ten years:

When one wishes to effect a system configuration, a window pops up,
asking
for the root password. Underneath will be a small box that one is instructed
to click to have the root password remembered. I almost always click it, but
despite my dedication, I cannot recall in any version of KDE, neither past
nor present, that the password was EVER remembered.

How is this supposed to work?

2. And, by the way, I have /etc/sudoers set up NOT to ask for the password,
so why does it?