System not booting after yum updates

Craig Preston duffman23 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:55:08 UTC 2009

After using my F10 system the other day, it automatically downloaded a bunch
a new updates and installed them. When I came back the next day to use the
system it will not boot now. After the grub screen it goes to start loading
and then displays the following error -

/bin/lvm error while loading shared libraries libreadline.so.5 cannot open
shared object file: no such file or directory
unable to access resume device (/dev/volgroup00/logvol01)
mount : could not find filesystem 'dev/root'

In my grub menu i still have the previous kernel listed and I can boot into
single user mode with it, but not the regular boot.

It seems strange to have just stopped working without me changing any system
settings. Only a week or so earlier I installed the livna Nvidia drivers, I
don't know if they have corrupted anything??

Any help would be great

Cheers