fedora-list Digest, Vol 61, Issue 49

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 09:11:45 UTC 2009

fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
>    9. Re: World TV on F9 (Dave Feustel)

> > Yea, video forks fine several fedora versions ago, but many tv cards
> > dont, -not due to fedora but tv in/out drivers lack-. If you mean the
> > normal video, you can receive pseudo-tv over IP with i.e. Miro. or
> > many .tv sites. If you mean video from a video-capture card, you can use
> > some apps, like kdetv or mythtv, but they work like your television: you
> > need some signal arriving to your computer, an antenna, or cable...
> >
> > Greets!
>

> I have a BT video card, but I am thinking of video signals delivered
> directly via internet. It might be necessary to have ntsb, pal and other
> decoders to properly display the signals. I don't really know how video
> feeds are transmitted over the internet. So far I have only watched
> videos from Youtube, Google. But I'd like to get videos from England,
> Germany and France for starters.

Hi Dave,

If you get it to work, let me know.... I tried the "On Demand" from
Channel 5 in the UK & FR2 from France & both tell me "You can't watch
that, you live in Austria" - most unfriendly. (At least my motorised
antenna now lets me watch the 6 Nations on FR2, since they went digital!)

I guess one would have to follow the thread on changing one's IP address
to something acceptable to the "on demand" service.

Cheers

Dave B