Disk quotas on INBOXes

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 7 18:33:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 12:08 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Depending on how your mail system is set up, I'd recommend doing this
> in your mail server software. For example, the better IMAP servers
> such as Cyrus do this and give you much finer control than the
> sledgehammer approach of limiting the filesystem.

Yes, you really want your mail server to tell your clients that they're
not going to get mail, and why.  Rather than the people trying to email
them being the only ones knowing the mail isn't getting through.  You'll
end up with some pissed off clients vying for your blood, as you've
sabotaged their communications.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686