printing from gvim

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Mar 8 01:12:20 UTC 2009

Michael Hennebry wrote:

> When printing a two-page file from gvim,
> it gives me a 3/4 inch margin at the top
> (I measured) and overflow at the bottom.
> A line is missing between the pages.
> How do I fix this?
> When I print a CUPS test page, the margins are in the range 0.1 to 0.2
> inch.
> vim's default printer options are 5% for the top and bottom margins.
> That shouldn't be a problem.  Something seems to be shifting things down.
> What am I missing?
>
> [root at localhost a2ps]# uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jan
> 19 20:14:35 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

You might want to take a look at:

   http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/print.html

or specifically at:

   http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/print.html#popt-option

looking at the margin settings that can be controlled via the popt-opt
settings  in your .vimrc or .gvimrc file.

I believe that vim will created a postscript file when used on a Linux
system....

~~R