pulseaudio deeply unreliable (Fedora 10)

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 04:02:36 UTC 2009

2009/3/7 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
>> Alsa had worked ok before pulseaudio entered the equation.
>
> That doesn't mean it's not buggy, the bugs just weren't noticed because
> nothing used the APIs PulseAudio uses.

Just wanted to say Pulseaudio works just perfect for me on F10 x86_64.
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. For sound I use the on
board card, its a Realtek HDA chip.

I even got it working with skype without too much jumping through
hoops! But i guess skype uses ALSA directly and not PA, am I correct
on this?

--
Suvayu