Label Program reccomendations ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Mar 9 15:59:45 UTC 2009

Hi;

Can someone recommend a quick and easy label maker.  Up to now I have
used the label facility on OOo Writer.  Its OK, in fact, its good for a
large-ish merge etc. but a bit of a PIA for just one or two file folder
etc. labels.

I want something, command line will do, that will let me quickly type in
a file folder title and use a label from a sheet that already has used a
few labels.  I expect I will have to configure the label properties one
time but I would hope I could name that configuration.  I would like
something like the following:

Label configuration name:  FF
Label position: 1 - 10 (say)
Label title: Alphanumeric characters

So that I could do something like:

]$ labelprogram FF 4 "my new file folder"

or

] labelprogram FF 4-6 "my new file folder" "Another File Folder" "The
Third new file folder"

This example is only one possibility.  Just looking for
something/anything that is quick and easy.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3