how to display a full WUXGA "test pattern" on the laptop?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 9 16:25:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 11:52 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   almost certainly a dumb question, but i've never tried this before
> -- if i have a 1920x1200, say, png file, how can i display it *fully*
> on a laptop display, temporarily overriding the menu bars and so on?
> thanks.

Many of the Gnome tools will switch to full-screen mode when you press
the F11 key.  You can toggle back to windowed mode by pressing it again,
or the Esc key.

I'm curious what you'd use as a test pattern, and what you would test.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.