Label Program reccomendations ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Mar 9 17:40:01 UTC 2009

Thanks Mikkel;

I am going to take a look at glabels and if that is still too much of a
PIA, I will try and build a script(s) from postscript templates as you
suggest.

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 12:05 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> William Case wrote:

> First a warning - you want to be careful about running a label sheet
> through the printer multiple times, especially with labels missing.
> You run the risk of labels coming off and jamming the printer. This
> is especially true if the paper path bends the sheet, and/or you are
> using a laser printer.

I have been warned on several occasions about this danger.  Nonetheless,
I have run label sheets through my various printers multiple times with
no difficulty yet.  Something in my Scottish ancestry prevents me from
wasting a whole sheet of labels for just one label.  Something from my
German ancestry makes me want to put nice neat labels on each new file
folder I create.

I am sure I will pay the price for listening to my inner daemons some
day.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3