Not all compiz effects working

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Tue Mar 10 09:08:05 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 03:46, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am running Fedora 10 x86_64 on a P5Q-E motherboard with a Radeon HD
> 3870 graphics card.  I'm using the fglrx module provided by RPMs from
> the rpm fusion non-free repo. My desktop environment is Gnome.
>
> I have "desktop effects" enabled, which has let me put the desktop on a
> cube and has made the windows wobbly.  Cool!  Unfortunately, enabling
> more 3D effects using the CompizConfig Settings Manager doesn't work.

How do you start Compiz? Check if you have all relevant packages installed,
and activate it using fusion-icon instead of Gnome's "desktop effects", and
see if that works. Fusion-icon is usually smarter to start Compiz the Right
Way. So, disable desktop effects in Gnome, restart, login and pick
fusion-icon from the menu or from the command line. If that works, make
fusion-icon autostart every time you login. Also, I recommend using Emerald
window decorator, it is very well adapted to Compiz, and has some nice
effects of its own.

HTH, :-)
Marko