getting the F10 respin with "jigdo" -- the short version

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 10 11:19:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   as someone who once wrote a tutorial on how to grab a fedora respin
> with "jigdo", for people who just want the instructions, here's what
> seems to still work.  (it's running as we speak, so i'm assuming it
> still works as it used to.)
>
>   * find original F10 DVD
>   * place in drive, where it should be mounted under /media
>
>   # yum install jigdo  (if you haven't already)
>
>   $ jigdo-lite http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20090210/Fedora-Unity-20090210-10.jigdo
>
>      ?  7       (i386 DVD, or pick whatever number is appropriate)
>      ? /media   (where to look for reusable rpm files)
>
>   at this point, wait a bit for the (in this case) 282M template file
> to download, at which point jigdo-lite will scan /media to see how
> many rpm files it can reuse.  for this DVD, apparently, i can reuse
> 1537 out of 2302 files.  not bad.
>
>   now go for coffee.  does that sound about right?

  whoops, i forgot that, after jigdo-lite scans /media for all of the
rpms it can reuse, it will ask you for yet another source for reusable
rpms, at which point you would just hit <ENTER> if there are no
others, whereupon the downloading of the updated rpms begins.

  *now* you can go for coffee.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.