F10 updates breaking things

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:47:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:39:26 +0100, Kevin wrote:

> > Guidelines aren't worth a penny, if there is nobody to enforce them.
>
> The problem is that mindless enforcement isn't always a good idea.

Uh, please, ... calling something "mindless" is nothing else than an
attempt at wiping off the criticism. I'm not talking about making it
impossible to skip updates-testing.

Skipping updates-testing has burnt users multiple times before. We should
admit that we've made bad experience with pushing some upgrades directly
into the stable repos.

There have been plenty of opportunities where somebody at the controls
could have denied a direct push to stable in order to request a rationale
from the submitter of the update. Bodhi could assist and mark version
version upgrades.