without a truly working "jigdo", re-spins are effectively useless

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:25:27 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, psmith wrote:
>

>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>

>   ... bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine ... :-)
>

>> why not just download the respin over torrent?
>>
>> http://spins.fedoraunity.org/unity/torrent-files-fedora-10-20090210-re-spin
>>

>   while that is *a* solution, it still requires more bandwidth than
> jigdo should use.  i'm just saying that, if fedora proposes a
> particular download technique, it should at least work.
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  for some corporate environments (like mine), jigdo is acceptable
> through the corporate firewall, while bittorrent isn't.  so i don't
> have that choice.

> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry:
>     Have classroom, will lecture.
>
> http://crashcourse.ca                          Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

well my solution was to setup a local repo using the F10 dvd as a
source, then use revisor with a modified <arch>.conf file with the local
repo having priority over everything but updates, and a kickstart set
for whatever arch your building for. this way you only download the
updated packages and make the install media for the arch of your choice

phil