Kaffiene vs gene, score 1-0

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 04:34:13 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Everytime I do a startx, I waste about 3 minutes killing kaffiene, which
>> insists on starting,  complete with several error messages related to
>> gstreamer.
>
>Why did you configure Kaffeine for GStreamer rather than the default
>xine-lib anyway? I think that backend is tested about once every blue moon.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

I didn't, its 8.7, and specifically built with --without-gstreamer as an
argument to configure when I configured the build.  8.6's rpm's don't work
unless somebody wants to send me a channel file since the find stations
scanner doesn't work in 8.6, and I can't find enough docs to write one.

Thanks Kevin.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)