F9: Unable to remove a duplicate package

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Mar 12 23:25:50 UTC 2009

How do I remove a duplicate? yum claims it is removed however
re-running the yum again says it is still there.  I do not understand
the line:

/usr/lib/lam/lam.ld.conf has not been configured as an alternative for
mpilibs32

So, how to I remove it?

Running yum remove results the same way as follows:

# yum remove lam-libs-7.1.2-11.fc9.i386
Loaded plugins: aliases, fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Setting up Remove Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package lam-libs.i386 2:7.1.2-11.fc9 set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package          Arch         Version
Repository         Size
Removing:
 lam-libs         i386         2:7.1.2-11.fc9
installed         1.1 M

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       1 Package(s)

Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
/usr/lib/lam/lam.ld.conf has not been configured as an alternative for
mpilibs32

Removed:
  lam-libs.i386
2:7.1.2-11.fc9