Belkin ExpressCard: SOLVED

Alex Makhlin makhlina at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:49:00 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
>
>> Now there's a bit of good news.  Can you recommend a wireless N card that
>> works with Fedora?  I wouldn't mind getting one for my laptop.  I already
>> have a couple of Linksys WRT300N 1.1 routers and would like to use them at
>> more than wireless G speed.
>>

> The Intel IWL4965AGN and IWL5000 are supported by the standard Fedora
> kernel, you just need the matching firmware from the standard Fedora
> repository (iwl4965-firmware resp. iwl5000-firmware).
>
> The Ralink ones are supported by (somewhat buggy) out-of-tree drivers which
> are currently in RPM Fusion, getting better drivers into the kernel itself
> is work in progress.
>
> Atheros chipsets are supported by the ath9k driver, see
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k for details. As that one
> is in the kernel, that may be a better option than Ralink. And it doesn't
> even require firmware.
>
> I'm not sure about other manufacturers.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I got it working. The driver I was using for my card would not allow me
to connect to my routers WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2=PSK [AES] setting at once
but only one at a time. I was stumped because my Windows partition was
working great. But now everything is great. Thanks for the help, I
really appreciate it.